TAX & ESTATE PLANNING
Many people pay too much tax, either out of misunderstanding or poor planning and this is where sound financial planning can help.
- Taxes can be levied directly (e.g. income tax) or indirectly (e.g. VAT on goods and services
- Your UK tax liability depends on your residence and dominicile
- You will be deemed a UK resident if you are in the UK for 183 days in any one tax year
Our Top Saving Tax Tips
It is important to identify ways to save tax to ensure that your financial affairs are run in a tax-efficient manner. Here are some of our top tax saving tips:
- Move assets into investments that are exempt from Capital Gains Tax
- Time the disposal of assets to spread over two ta years, wherever possible
- Carefully select assets to sell to minimise tax or generate tax-free income
- Non-tax payers to invest in products that do not deduct tax, or where tax is reclaimable
- Receive income from investments owned by the partner with the lowest tax band
- Make effective use of any tax breaks and gross-paying, tax-free investments (higher band taxpayers only)
FOR FURTHER TAX AND ESTATE PLANNING ADVICE
CONTACT US TO ARRANGE AN INTRODUCTORY MEETING, OR FOR A QUOTE.
Telephone us on
020 8371 5244 to speak with Robert Stein, Phil Koster, or Kalp Shah.
Or Contact Jeffreys Henry on
020 3870 4620 to arrange a free financial review.