HOME → INTERNATIONAL → SETTING UP IN THE UK
SETTING UP IN THE UK
With fewer restrictions, a favourable tax regime, one of the most generous R&D tax relief schemes in the world, and a springboard to the US and Europe, the UK continues to be a leading destination for companies expanding their global business.
Jeffreys Henry LLP have over two decades of experience in successfully assisting overseas companies setup and run their business in the UK.
- One of the lowest headline rates of corporate income tax of 19% (2019/20) and expected to reduce to 17% by 2020
- The lowest corporation tax in the G20
- R&D tax relief of up to 24.7p for every £1 spent on qualifying R&D activity conducted anywhere in the world
- Video games tax relief (VGTR) of up to 15.2% of qualifying production spend
- Film tax relief (FTR) of up to 10% of the total production costs relating to activities in the UK
- UK patent box regime provides a 10% corporation tax rate on profits attributable to qualifying patents
- Access to UK and European financial markets through LSE or junior markets such as AIM
- Claim capital allowances on any items kept the use for your business (known as plant and machinery), including cars, air-conditioning systems and electrical systems
- If you’re an employer, you can get up to £3,000 annually off your National Insurance bill through Employment Allowance