HOME → INTERNATIONAL → SETTING UP IN THE UK
SETTING UP IN THE UK
With fewer restrictions, a favourable tax regime, one of the most generous R&D tax relief schemes in the world, and a springboard to the US and Europe, the UK continues to be a leading destination for companies expanding their global business.
Jeffreys Henry have over two decades of experience in successfully assisting overseas companies setup and run their business in the UK.
Moreover, we are highly regarded for our sector focus, where we have built up significant expertise within key sectors that goes above and beyond routine accounting and tax services – Capital Markets, Hospitality, Retail, Creative and Media, Technology and Property.
- One of the lowest headline rates of corporate income tax of 19% (2019/20) and expected to reduce to 17% by 2020
- The lowest corporation tax in the G20
- R&D tax relief of up to 24.7p for every £1 spent on qualifying R&D activity conducted anywhere in the world
- Video games tax relief (VGTR) of up to 15.2% of qualifying production spend
- Film tax relief (FTR) of up to 10% of the total production costs relating to activities in the UK
- UK patent box regime provides a 10% corporation tax rate on profits attributable to qualifying patents
- Access to UK and European financial markets through LSE or junior markets such as AIM
- Claim capital allowances on any items kept the use for your business (known as plant and machinery), including cars, air-conditioning systems and electrical systems
- If you’re an employer, you can get up to £3,000 annually off your National Insurance bill through an Employment Allowance
“I just wanted to drop you a quick email to say a big thank you for finding JH. Barbara is an absolute star, enjoyable to work with and it is so refreshing and liberating to have her on board. She is supportive, helpful and a joy to work with. Just asking a question is such as simple process now and doesn’t involve emails the length of the bible and a quick decision or answer is received. Between us we are working through things to make life a lot easier for both us and love bouncing ideas off of her to get where we need to be.”
Recent testimonial from a US based Quick Service Restaurant with c19,000 units in over 60 countries worldwide. We currently provide a full back office accounting and finance function. The client moved from a similar sized firm based in Covent Garden after Jeffreys Henry demonstrated flexibility and innovative use of cloud based functionality.
FOR COMPANIES SETTING UP IN THE UK
- UK Company formation
- International tax structuring
- Cloud based outsourced finance/back office function
- Payroll registration and compliance (including benefits)
- VAT and customs compliance and advisory services
- Audit & assurance
- Corporation tax advice and tax return filing
- Expatriate and global mobility tax services
- Transfer pricing
With the support of member firms in 75 countries, our international desks provides a first point of call to companies seeking advice on doing business overseas.
CONTACT US TO ARRANGE AN INTRODUCTORY MEETING, OR FOR A QUOTE.