Established for over 100 years, Jeffreys Henry LLP empowers private individuals, entrepreneurs and businesses achieve their ambitions through award-winning accountancy, audit, tax and advisory services.
We are currently looking for exceptional audit trainees with the right blend of academic qualifications, skills, passion and determination to join our audit team.
WORLD LEADING CLIENTS
You’ll gain practical first-hand client experience in a variety of sectors including some of the world’s best bars and restaurants, tech start-up’s, creative agencies, listed companies and many more. At manager level you may have the chance to specialise in chosen sector.
EVERY PRO STARTED AS A TRAINEE
We are looking for exceptional trainees with the right blend of academic qualifications, skills, passion and determination to support our clients overcome their business challenges and achieve their full potential.
We provide our trainees with the requisite experience and expertise to fulfil their own ambition to becoming a qualified as a Chartered Accountant.
You will be offered a fully funded three year training contract to gain your ICAEW ACA qualification.
Moreover, you’ll be offered an excellent competitive salary, with benefits and salary increases as you succeed. Our modern offices by Old Street, London, EC1 provide a friendly working environment and are easily accessible by public transport and commuter links.
YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Gathering of audit evidence through communication and interaction with client staff
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Senior or Manager
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Verifying fixed asset conditions/disposals, existence and depreciation estimates
- Develop and strengthen client relationships
- Add value to clients’ businesses through analysing their strengths and weaknesses, and recommending effective solutions Nominal analysis and identification of variances and trends
- Posting trial balances
- Identifying and recording simple audit errors
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements
- Attending company stocktakes and undertaking testing on an individual basis
- Studying towards the ICAEW ACA qualification and attending internal training sessions
- Using knowledge from previous assignments to recognise and understand recurring issues and themes
- Developing an awareness of the Firm’s policies, procedures and ethical requirements
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records;
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions;
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by the Firm;
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are looking for exceptional trainees with the right blend of academic qualifications, skills, passion and determination and are able to offer two routes into accountancy:-
Route 1 is as a graduate trainee.
Our graduate training programmes gives you the opportunity for a career in audit and accountancy with the full support of an experienced team around you. You will receive full study support to work towards your ACA qualification. At a minimum, you will have:-
- GCSE English and Maths grade B or above
- Minimum 300 UCAS Tariff points (or equivalent) from 3 A levels in one sitting excluding General Studies. Maths A level preferred.
- Expecting or achieved a 2:1 degree in any discipline
Route 2 is through the apprenticeship scheme.
Not every student wishes to attend university this is the opportunity to “learn while you earn.” Jeffreys Henry LLP is able to offer and support school leavers with a head start into an accounting career. During the apprenticeship route you will gain support from a team of professionals and hands on experience. The apprenticeship route takes you through your AAT qualification through to your ACA qualification to become a chartered accountant. At a minimum, you will have:-
- GCSE English and Maths grade B or above
- Minimum of 2 A levels, one of which is Maths.