We are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant with the right blend of skills, passion and determination to support our clients overcome their business challenges and achieve their full potential.
The right candidate will join our award-winning Business Support Department and oversee a portfolio of clients and businesses, responsible for organising client records and completing effective and accurate bookkeeping and management accounts.
With over 500 clients using Xero, we are a Xero Platinum Partner – the very highest status level for Xero knowledge and expertise.
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts to client requirements
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients; inputting data and processing payments as required
- Maintain the sales, purchase and general ledgers for a variety of clients
- Posting month end journals
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets
- Advise managers of any outstanding issues
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Apply appropriate tax codes, liaising with client and HMRC as required
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner
- Liaise with other departments such as Payroll
- Travelling to and working from client site if required
- Previous experience gained within an accountancy practice and the ability to undertake both simple and more complex bookkeeping tasks
- The ability to prepare management accounts for companies and other entities and handle more complex accounting matters
- The ability to understand documents and data and write clear letters and emails
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organised and methodical
- Client focused
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Experience of Sage, Xero and other accounting software
MORE ABOUT JEFFREYS HENRY
For over 100 years, we have supported people achieve their goals and ambitions through award-winning accountancy, audit, tax and advisory services.
Following recent growth investment from Tenzing, we are beginning a journey of significant growth with plans to develop our digitally enhanced service, attract and retain top talent, create an amazing working environment, and expand by acquisition whilst retaining our strong brand name and independence.
We give full study support, including paid study leave, exams and in-house training and study groups. We also cover payment of membership fees post-qualification.
You’ll be entitled to up to 25 days holiday, a company pension, Client introductory bonus, Interest free season ticket loan, Childcare vouchers, Payment of professional subscriptions, a supportive and friendly working environment with excellent career opportunities, and if you’re a graduate, a full study support package is on offer.
REPUTATION FOR QUALITY
We achieved a Net Promotor Score (NPS) of +71 in our annual client survey (January 2021). This compares incredibly well against the industry average NPS of +31, and by comparison Netflix and Apple have an NPS of +68. The Net Promoter Score is an index ranging from -100 to 100 that measures the willingness of customers to recommend a company’s products or services to others. It is used as a proxy for gauging the customer’s overall satisfaction.