Tax Investigation Advice & Tax Investigation Specialists
HMRC tax investigations and tax enquiries are becoming increasingly common and can have a significant financial cost if handled incorrectly.
Expert technical knowledge, careful negotiation and advice can often make a substantial difference to the eventual tax liability, penalty and charges.
Tax investigation specialist Ian Leigh and ex-HMRC inspector Paul Williams and their team have over 100 years of combined experience in dealing with tax investigations and voluntary tax disclosures, and can manage the full process on your behalf or advise you on the best strategy to approach.
- HMRC Tax investigation advice
- Income tax investigations, including:-
- Section 9A TMA 1970, Code of Practice 8, Code of Practice 9 and Code of Practice 11 - Self Assessment
- Corporate tax investigations
- VAT and PAYE inspections
- Voluntary tax disclosure
- Employer Benefit Trusts (EBTs)
- Undeclared rental income / HMRC Let Property campaign
- Advice on offshore tax disclosures schemes, including:-
Tax Investigations - What to Expect
This will depend on the type of tax investigation that has been opened. If you have been issued with a Code of Practice 9 (COP9) notice, HMRC suspects serious tax fraud. These types of investigations are intrusive and time consuming, often spanning over several years. Code of Practice 8 (COP8) investigations are opened when HMRC suspect a deliberate attempt to pay less than or the use of a tax avoidance scheme such as EBT/PBT structures. HMRC will normally invite you to a meeting to discuss the issues.
How Jeffreys Henry's Tax Investigation Team Can Help
- Over 100 years of combined experience dealing with Inland Revenue tax investigations
- Manage the full process on your behalf or advise you on the best strategy to approach
- Minimise potential penalties and interest
- Negotiate affordable repayment terms
- Cost effective, fixed and capped fee arrangements
- A Top 100 UK accountancy firm
Confidential Advice - Contact Us
Ian is a Chartered Accountant who has specialised in tax since 1985. In recent years, Ian has also provided specialist advice to private individuals making complex voluntary tax disclosure under the Liechtenstein Disclosure Facility.
Paul has 31 years of experience in tax starting with 6 years at H M Revenue & Customs. Paul provides specialist advice to private individuals under a HMRC tax investigation.